Back to: Food and Nutrition SS 3
PRINCIPLE OF CONSUMER EDUCATION
Consumer education can be defined as the process of enlightening the public about their right as food purchases are concerned. It is the process of helping individuals become informed with the information they require in order to know their rights as consumers, discern or judge information and consume intelligently within their means or available resources.
AIMS OF CONSUMER EDUCATION
- To enlighten the public (consumer) about their rights as food purchase are concerned
- To educate the public about various;
- Laws that govern the manufacture and sales of food.
- Standards that manufacturer of food must comply with.
- Sanitary practice that will be following in food handling at all stages until its final consumption.
- To give awareness about activities of various agencies (both federal and state) that work toward protecting the safety of food.
IMPORTANCE OR ADVANTAGES OF CONSUMER EDUCATION
It enables the consumer to know his/her rights.
it enables the consumer to discern or assess consumer information, so that he can interpret the available information about the goods and services he is buying e.g. expiring dates weights, brand name e.t.c.
It enables the consumer to know how and where to buy the goods and services needed.
It enables the consumer to obtain the best valve for his money.
It enables the consumer to eliminate waste in consumption
It can safeguard consumer from dangerous and inferiors good and services, and other unfair selling practices.How Can We Make ClassNotesNG Better - CLICK to Tell Us💃
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!
Watch FREE Video Lessons for Best Grades & Academic Success💃