Back to: DATA PROCESSING SS 2
Welcome to class!
In today’s class, we will be talking about a graphic package. Enjoy the class!
Graphics (Introduction to CorelDraw)
Computer Graphics are graphics created using a computer and, more generally, the representation and manipulation of image data by a computer.
Examples of graphics packages
- Adobe Photoshop
- Harvard graphics
- Print Master
- Photoshop Pro
- Adobe Page Maker
Features of CorelDraw or CorelDraw environment
- Title Bar: The title bar displays the name of the CorelDraw file on which you are working. It is also used to reposition the CorelDraw window on the screen.
- Menu Bar: There are 11 pull-down menus in the menu bar. All menu commands are found in these pull-down menus.
- Rulers: Rulers serve as positioning and sizing aid. They can be turned off optionally. Also, you can drag guidelines off the rulers to serve as drawing aids.
- Scroll Bars: The scroll bars allow you to shift the page horizontally and vertically.
- Drawing Windows: The large white portion of the screen is the drawing windows. The rectangle with the drop shadow is the printable page.
- Roll-up Window: The Transform (Position) roll-up is shown on the left. Although they are not a permanent part of the interface (they can be if you want). You can use them to control many of CorelDraw’s operations. Their beauty lies in the fact that they can remain active for playing quick “what-ifs” without going through the longer process of invoking a standard menu dialog box.
- Status Bar: Status bar shows the fill pattern, outline location, movement and absolute coordinates of the selected object.
- Colour Palette: The colour palette allows for the quick application of a coloured fill or outline colour. Selecting the scrollbar at the bottom of the palette opens an expanded colour palette.
- Page Counter: CorelDraw allows you to create drawings consisting of multiple pages. The total number of pages is displayed in the page counter box along with arrows that allow you to page forward or back in your document.
- Standard Toolbar: Toolbar provides quick access to commonly used features. Almost all of these can be accessed through the Menu Bar. CorelDraw provides a series of different toolbars for your use. Additionally, the toolbar is completely customizable. You can add buttons to invoke just about any command that you regularly use.
NOTE: There are keyboard shortcuts that are often faster than toolbar usage. Once memorized, you won’t need to waste precious time with a Toolbar button.
Ctrl + S = Save; Ctrl + P=Print; Ctrl + Z=Undo; Ctrl + X = Cut; Ctrl + C =Copy; Ctrl + V= Paste
- Differentiate between a standard toolbar and status bar
- What is a page counter?
- Give four examples of graphic package.
- Mention four features a graphic package.
Senior Secondary Education by HiiT Plc. Pages 149-153
Instruction: Choose the correct option from the ones lettered A to D
- ___ software is used for representation and manipulation of image data by a computer. (a) graphics (b) presentation (c) spreadsheet (d) word processor
- Which of these is not a graphic software? (a) Tally (b) Adobe Fireworks (c) Print Artist (d) Instant Artist
- ___ is used to display the name of the program and the user file (a) Title Bar (b) Status Bar(c) Scroll Bar (d) Printable Page
- ___ portion will print all the objects that are required to be printed (a) printable page (b) drawing window (c) canvas (d) text area
- ___ bar provides quick access to commonly used features (a) standard tool (b) title (c) status (d) scroll
In our next class, we will be talking more about Graphic Package. We hope you enjoyed the class.
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.How Can We Make ClassNotesNG Better? - CLICK to Tell Us Now!
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!
Watch FREE Video Lessons for Best Grades on Afrilearn HERE!💃