Welcome to class! In today’s class, we will be talking about family needs, goals and standard. Enjoy the class!
Family Needs, Goals and Standard
Family is defined as a specific group of people that may be made up of partners, children, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents. An example of a family is a set of parents living with their children. The definition of family is a group of people who share common ancestors.
Family needs are the things that are essential for the family’s physical, emotional, mental and social health. Wants, on the other hand, are those things which the family desire even though they are not essential for the health and well being of the family.
Basic Family Needs
- a clean and beautiful environment
- an adequate supply of safe water
- minimum requirements of clothing
- a balanced diet
- simple housing
- basic health care
- communication facilities
- total education related to life and living
- cultural and spiritual needs
Family goals focus on achieving accomplishments agreed upon by the family. The family individuals need to work as a team to collectively identify and establish goals for the family unit.
Below are typical family goals.
- provide financial resources to achieve each member’s personal goals.
- maintain good health for all family members.
- maintain a home of which you are all proud.
- have a son or daughter join the family business.
- enjoy leisure time as a family.
- encourage the highest level of education desired for each family member.
- generate adequate finances to support and educate your family.
- rear responsible, productive, and happy children.
- be involved and active in a religious life.
- maintain open and productive family communications.
A product family standard is used to give guidance on the application of tests and define levels and limits for a particular family of products. Product committees are often the source for developing product family standards.
In our next class, we will be talking about the Production of Clothing and Household Articles/ Crafts. We hope you enjoyed the class.
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.Everybody SCREAM💃 ClassNotes evolving to Afrilearn! Get ready for a world-class learning experience🎊