Back to: COMMERCE SS3
Welcome to class!
In today’s class, we will be talking about the introduction to business management. Enjoy the class!
Introduction to Business Management
- Meaning of Business, Business Management
- Resources of Business
- Objectives of Business
- Functions of Management
Business can be defined as the sum of all activities involved in the creation and distribution of goods and services for profit.
Business management is the act of planning, organizing, directing and controlling business resources to attain some set objectives.
Classes of business
- Primary/Extractive Business
- Processing/Conversion Business
- Distributive/Commercial Business
- Services Business – Concerned with the provision or marketing of intangible benefits to ultimate users such as banking insurance etc.
- Define the following terms (a) Business (b) Businessman
- Mention four importance of business to the individual or society
Resources of business
- Money: This includes all the funds available to the business such as cash, shares, working capital etc.
- Materials: This includes tools, machinery, equipment and raw materials required to operate the business.
- Management: This is the resource that plans, directs, controls and organizes other resources for operations to take place.
- Opportunities: These are identified chances calling for acquisition, creation, preservation or distribution of saleable values to customers.
Objectives of business
Objectives are the ends towards which activity is aimed. The objectives of a firm are the purpose for which the firm is in business. Therefore, it is a statement of where a business organization wants to be.
The Objectives of Business are:
- To maximize profits
- To minimize losses
- To stay solvent
- To produce goods and render services.
- To provide employment opportunities
- To protect the interest of its workers
- To achieve, maintain or increase a particular market share
- Social objectives e.g. payment of taxes
- Define Management
- State five objectives of a business.
Essential Commerce for senior secondary schools by O.A. Longe Pages 231-239
- List two objectives of a firm (business organization).
- Who decides or fixes these objectives in a business organization.
In our next class, we will be talking about Business Management. We hope you enjoyed the class.
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.How Can We Make ClassNotesNG Better? - CLICK to Tell Us Now!
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!
Watch FREE Video Lessons for Best Grades on Afrilearn HERE!💃
1 thought on “Introduction to Business Management”
I would to learn more about introduction to business management