HELLO GUYS, WELCOME TO CLASS
MEANING OF DRUGS
Drugs are what we take to prevent or cure illness.
NOTE: The amount of drug given by a doctor is called a dose.
Types of Drugs
- Naturally occurring drugs: these are chemical substance produced by living things. These are drugs obtained from nature. E.g: vegetable, kolanut, coffee.
- Synthetic occurring drugs: these are chemical substance produced by human being to prevent or cure diseases. E.g: aspirin, chloroquine, paracetamol.
NOTE: These drugs are in form of liquid (syrup) or solid (tablets) which a person can drink or swallow.
Sometimes the liquid drug is taken through the use of injection.
A person that sells drugs legally can be called any of these names: a pharmacist, a chemist.
Legal drugs are gotten from a pharmaceutical stores and hospital.
- What is a drug?
- State the types of drugs.
- Mention six uses of drugs
- What is the amount of drug given by a doctor called?
- What have you used drugs for recently?
- Name four examples each of:
- recreational drugs
- therapeutic drugs