Back to: Agricultural Science Primary 5
welcome back to class
Livestock production is called Animal husbandry. Livestock.
Livestock is commonly defined as domesticated animals raised in an agricultural setting to produce labor and commodities such as meat, eggs, milk, fur, leather, and wool.
The category includes primarily cattle, sheep, pigs, goats, horses, donkeys, and mules; other animals, such as buffalo, oxen, and camels.
Livestock agriculture or livestock farming is concerned with raising and maintaining livestock, primarily for the purposes of producing meat, milk, and eggs.
- Identify the animal in the picture above.
- Mention two farm product or items that can be obtained from them
Use the list of animals below to answer the questions that follows
Pig, Goat, Cow, Fowl, Horse, Donkey, Dog, Sheep
- Which of these animals are used as beasts of burden?
- Which of them are milk obtained from?
- From Which of them can we get fur?
- What is the name of the meat gotten from them?
- Which one of them can be used for security purposes?
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!