Welcome to class!
In today’s class, we will be talking about the benefits of contact and non-contact sports. Enjoy the class!
The Benefit of Contact and Non- Contact Sport
Benefits of organized contact sports
- Respect: Children learn to listen to and respect teammates, coaches and officials. Also, children learn to follow rules and respect opponents.
- Teamwork: Organized sports teach children to work with and help teammates to achieve a common goal. There is no “I” in a team!
- Discipline: Sports show children that discipline and playing by the rules are valuable assets. Penalties will only set you back!
- Organization: Participation in organized sports teaches children how to stay organized and responsible. They have to be on time, take care of their equipment, and organize among themselves to succeed.
- Protection: Through organized sports, children learn to protect themselves, teammates, and opponents.
- Confidence: Organized sports improves a child’s self-image and confidence. Moreover, sports teach children that they can improve their performance through hard work and practice, a valuable lesson.
Benefits of non-contact sports
Empowering the individual:
The capabilities of the technology can be empowering for those with chronic illnesses, which need frequent or near-constant monitoring. It means fewer visits to the hospital for check-ups as conditions can be monitored at home; and with the support of machine-learning technology, changes can be detected which are specific to individuals rather than dictated by guidelines. This means faster and more accurate identification of deteriorations and fewer false alarms.
Some devices required to be worn, for example, chest straps, can be uncomfortable (especially for women), which leads to people avoiding monitoring themselves. There are also other issues around having to wear a device, ranging from avoiding the hassle of having to check it is working and recharging when needed, through to simply forgetting, as is often the case with the elderly. Having an unobtrusive device provides a greater probability of the individual using the device and as some can be operated remotely, this removes the barrier of forgetfulness.
Supporting health service:
When it comes to monitoring the health of individuals using non-contact technology the positive effects reach further than just the individual. Various health services benefit from the increased availability of beds which results from more patients being monitored from home rather than in a hospital bed. With validated technology where readings are proven to be at least as reliable as a more intrusive form of monitoring it means the emergency services are only called out to a real emergency, decreasing the number of costly false alarms and also meaning that when a patient does require help, they receive it.
Monitoring more than an individual:
For those training in a gym, whether they are a professional athlete or an amateur looking to keep fit, being able to track your progress and goals electronically is a great advantage. For gyms wishing to be able to provide monitoring, there are hygiene implications of sharing wearable devices and also devices may go missing. Introducing monitoring which can not only be used by more than one person but can monitor more than just heart rate is a great value add for gyms to be able to offer.
Making cars safer from within:
Car manufacturers have been working hard over the past few years to make cars safer on the road; from assisted parking to detecting hazards on the road, to working with the likes of Google and Android to include GPS tracking and calling emergency services in an accident. However, in many cases accidents occur because of an event happening to the driver inside the vehicle. So, until driverless cars become a possibility, non-contact monitoring of the driver is the next best thing.
In our next class, we will be talking about Diseases Caused by Pathogens and Their Prevention. We hope you enjoyed the class.
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.For more class notes, homework help, exam practice, download our App HERE
Join ClassNotes.ng Telegram Community for exclusive content and support HERE