Back to: PHYSICAL HEALTH EDUCATION JSS1
Welcome to class!
In today’s class, we will be talking about the meaning of physical education. Enjoy the class!
Meaning of Physical Education
What is physical education?
Physical Education aims at the training of the body, mind, and conduct of a student. To keep a healthy mind within a healthy body, a student needs regular physical exercise. The physical education program is planned and provides instruction which provides participants with many benefits.
- Improved learning aptitude
- Improved Physical Fitness
- Improves cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength and endurance, flexibility, mobility, and body composition.
- Improves power, agility, reaction time, balance, speed, and coordination
- Skill Development
Importance of physical education to students
- They are great sources of pleasure to them.
- They build the body and refresh their mind.
- It trains the mind in many virtues.
- They learn to be fair to their opponents. They develop pluck and patience.
- School sports teach them to take defeat in a good spirit.
What are the 3 objectives of physical education?
- Physical Education will develop the WHOLE child in EVERY child.
- The physical educators will serve as role models, and demonstrate knowledge of health, physical education and wellness.
- The physical education classes will provide a variety of activities which will motivate the students and increase participation.
Importance of physical education
The importance of physical education and physical activity in our society is encouraged by some guiding principles entrenched in active living such as:
- Promotes a way of life in which physical activity is valued, enjoyed, and integrated into daily life.
- Promotes the principle of individual choice by responding to learners’ individual needs, interests, and circumstances.
- Provides a unique contribution to the lifelong development of all learners, enhancing their physical, cognitive, social, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
- Facilitates learning processes, which encourage critical thinking, thereby affecting the learners’ wellness and the well-being of society.
- Nurtures individual self-reflection and consciousness, which preserves human rights and the development of supportive and sustainable environments.
- encourage a healthy and active lifestyle throughout the school body
- nurture sportsmanship in all aspects of competition
- widen each student’s sporting experience and enjoyment
- create a passion for active recreation and sport
- assist students in reaching their physical potential in a variety of sporting environments.
In our next class, we will be talking about Physical Fitness and Body Conditioning Programmes. We hope you enjoyed the class.
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.Your Opinion Matters! Quickly tell us how to improve your Learning Experience HERE
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!
5 thoughts on “Meaning of Physical Education”
Am happy to see this note,well understood and comprehensive.
I love this .just what I need
Wow. This is really so cool. exactly what I needed.