Back to: Creative Arts Primary 4
HELLO, WELCOME TO A NEW CLASS
Branches of arts
Art is divided into two branches: these are LIBERAL art and CREATIVE arts.
Creative Art are of two type. These are performing arts and visual arts.
- Performing arts: this is an entertainment art which involves music and acting. The artist uses music, dance, acting to send show information of past happenings to the people or viewers.
- Visual arts: the arts make use of colours, forms and other design elements to create ideas that send messages to the people. Visual arts have to two parts. These are fine art and industrial art.
In fine art we have
- Architecture/drawing: it focuses on house design.
- Painting: it focuses on drawing and painting of pictorial composition.
- Sculpture: it focuses on modeling and carving objects.
Industrial artwork (applied art)
Industrial artwork includes
- Ceramics: these focuses on molding thing like cups, plate, pots, glassware, etc.
- Textile: focus on designing of various patterns of clothes and fabrics with prints and dye.
- Metal works: this is the production of jewelry such as necklaces, earrings, bracelets and pendants.
- Graphics: this deals with designing of various printed documents such as posters, banners, fliers, etc.
- Fashion design
- Industrial design
- Interior design
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!