Welcome to JSS2 Second Term!
We are building on our work from the First term as we learn more about Cultural And Creative Arts.
In today’s class, We will be discussing The Importance of a ViewFinder In Creative Composition. We hope you enjoy the class!
THE IMPORTANCE OF A VIEWFINDER IN CREATIVE COMPOSITION
A viewfinder is a simple device that aids the artist crop or isolates unwanted areas in a picture scape or scene. It is efficient in helping the artist his area of interest. It can be made in rectangular, square or circular shapes depending on the target interest of the artist and his composition.
In the area of photography, a viewfinder is an optical device with a small hole or window on a camera that the user looks through to see what is being photographed and select the area of interest. Viewfinders come in two basic categories: the commercially made viewfinders and the homemade viewfinders.
How to make a home viewfinder
- Measure and mark out either 10x 8in or 7x 5in on the cardboard.
- Cut out the desired diameter as measured on the cardboard.
- Rule lines diagonally across each end, from one corner to the opposite corner.
- Draw a rectangle of the desired size connecting the four pillars that are diagonal across.
- Cut out the inner rectangle, to make the space a seen through the rectangle.
- The outcome of this exercise has given us a drawing and composition tool or device known as a viewfinder
How to use the viewfinder
- Place the viewfinder in front of you with your arm outstretched at the sight level between your face and the object composition, landscape or seascape.
- With the negative space on the viewfinder, form a border around the area of interest in the composition.
- Having achieved an adequate framing of the view before you, with visualized interest area you can go ahead to draw or paint your choice composition.
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
In our next class, we will be talking about Graphic Design. We are eager to meet you there.For more class notes, videos, homework help etc download our Mobile App HERE
Join ClassNotes.ng Telegram Community HERE for exclusive content and support