Your teachers might tell you that you are either born a genius or not. But do you want to know what the science-backed truth is? You become a genius when you stimulate your brain through certain lifestyle habits that support and protect your brain. These lifestyle habits have been scientifically researched and confirmed to help you become smarter:
- Regular exercise: Staying physically active is one of the best ways to improve brain functioning. So you should definitely not joke with your PHE practicals. Note that for exercise to make you a genius, it has to be done consistently and certain starter exercise ideas include walking, jogging, yoga etc.
- Sleep: Usually, students are made to believe that a genius is one who consistently reads throughout the night. I can tell you for sure that, that will only make you exhausted. When you sleep, your brain consolidates memories you created throughout the day. So, the reason why you forget what you read during exams is because you are not sleeping enough.
- Practice meditation: Meditation has been associated with better executive functioning and working memory. This is why it is best to have a spiritual lifestyle that can help you practice meditation daily.
- Drink coffee: Coffee can help promote learning and mental performance due to the caffeine ingredient present in coffee. To stay alert during the day in your classrooms, coffee is essential to make you stay focused. But ensure you drink this in moderation as too much of coffee can increase your anxiety
- Drink green tea: That particular green tea you run away from is good for your brain function. Instead of munching on sweets and chocolates, invest in green tea and make a practice of drinking it. It will increase your attention and working memory.
These are not all the science-backed ways to improve your IQ; but you can watch out for the next post on this blog. Make sure you subscribe so that you are always notified when there is a new post.Pass WAEC, JAMB, POST-UTME & more in One Sitting for FREE!💃