Welcome to class!
In today’s class, we will be talking about the civil service commission. Enjoy the class!
Civil Service Commission
The civil service commission is an independent body set up by the government to recruit people into the civil service. The commission is charged with the responsibility of promotion, discipline and dismissal of civil servants.
The civil service commission is made up of members holding offices based on good behaviour and criteria set up by the government and it has a chairman.
Functions of the Civil Service Commission
- Recruitment: It is empowered to recruit people into the civil service through open competition and interview.
- Promotion: It is empowered to promote civil servants from one salary scale to another.
- Discipline: The commission also disciplines civil servants who disobey the rules and regulations of the civil service.
- Transfer: It transfers civil servants from one ministry to another
- Dismissal: It has the power to dismiss any civil servant who is found wanting in the discharge of his duties.
- Retirement: It is also charged with the responsibility of recommending civil servants who have reached the stipulated retirement age for retirement.
- Advice: It advises the government on areas of appointment of senior officers.
- Condition of service: The commission states down terms and conditions of service, allowances and remunerations of civil servants.
- The civil service commission is set up by?
- Explain three responsibilities of the civil service commission.
- What is the Civil Service Commission?
- Explain the functions of the civil service commission.
- The civil service commission is usually headed by?
- Explain capitalist democracy.
- Mention five features of democracy.
Read on Civil Service Commission in Fundamentals of Civic Education for Senior Secondary School by Sola Akinyemi.
- State four problems facing the Civil Service Commission.
- Explain four ways of solving the problems.
In our next class, we will be talking about Citizenship. We hope you enjoyed the class.
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.LEARN TO CODE IN 8 WEEKS. Pay Only ₦25000 To Join Class💃
Access Fun Video Lessons to Pass WAEC, NECO, JAMB, POST-UTME in One Sitting💃