Back to: Civic Education Primary 5
You are welcome to class.
ATTITUDE TO WORK
What is work?
Work is the activity which a person performs regularly in order to provide goods or services and earn a living.
People who work make things happen. They solve problems and get paid for doing so.
Our attitude to work
- We must learn to do a particular kind of work. We can do this by going to a school. We can learn a trade by learning directly from those who know and practise the trade.
- We must learn to do our work with skill.
- We must arrive at work early, even if we are self-employed.
- We must work hard in order to get the best results.
- We should get the kind of job we love doing. We would find it easy to work hard and do our best if we love what we do.
Reward/Advantages of Hardwork
- Those who work hard solve problems and get paid for doing so.
- Employers are happy with hard-working people and promote them.
- Employers increase the salaries of hard-working employees.
- People who are hard-working are self-reliant. Being self-reliant is honorable.
- Hard-working people find it easy to get better paying jobs.
Reward/Disadvantages of Laziness
- Lazy people do not get promoted at work.
- Sometimes, lazy people get demoted at their work places.
- Lazy people get sacked from work.
- Many times, lazy people find it difficult to make profit, especially when they are self-employed. This is because they are unable to solve problem and consequently, they do not get paid.
- Laziness could turn people into beggars. Begging is not honorable at all.
How to Encourage Hardwork
- Children who do their work promptly, well and without excuses end up becoming hard-working adults.
- Those who help out with hard work learn to develop a good attitude to work, early in life.
- Lazy children end up becoming lazy adults. Laziness is very shameful and does not befit anyone.
Tools Used by Workers to Demand for their Rights
- What is Work?
- Mention three rewards for hardwork.
- List two disadvantages of laziness.
Your Opinion Matters! Quickly tell us how to improve your Learning Experience HERE
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!