Welcome to class.
Civic education is the subject which teaches us about our society. It teaches us about our rights as citizens of our country and explains the benefits which we should enjoy. Civic education also tells us our duties and obligations to ourselves, to the government and to the whole society.
Importance of Civic Education
The Need for Civic Education
Civic education helps us to:
- Understand our rights; it helps us to know what to expect from the government.
- Understand our responsibilities; it helps us to understand what we should do for our country.
- Know how to precise democracy properly.
- Learn more about how our government works; it helps us to learn how our leaders rule the country.
Ways of Learning Civic Education
Learning civic education is very important. We can learn it in the following ways:
- Listening to our parents and teachers and obeying them. They are wiser than we are; so we should learn from them.
- Reading newspapers, books and magazines that carry government a
- Listening to radio programmes and watching television.
- Visiting elders in the community to tell us stories about how they have helped the community.
We have come to the end of today’s class. If you have any questions ask using the comment box. See you in the next class.LEARN TO CODE IN 8 WEEKS. PAY JUST N25000 TO JOIN CLASS💃
Pass WAEC, JAMB, POST-UTME & more in One Sitting for FREE!💃