Welcome to class!
In today’s class, we will be talking about climatic change. Enjoy the class!
Climate change is a change in the distribution of weather patterns for an extended period of time (decades to millions of years). It may also refer to a change in average weather conditions of a place.
Causes of climate change
- Biotic processes
- Variation in solar radiation
- Plate tectonics
- Volcanic eruption
- Human activities/anthropogenic factors (burning of fossil fuel, Co2 released by cement manufacturing, agricultural activities and deforestation).
- What is climate change?
- State some of the causes of climate change.
Global warming refers to surface temperature increase while climate change includes global warming and everything else that increases greenhouse gas.
Indicators of climate change
- Reduction in Glacier
- Loss of Arctic sea ice
- Changes in vegetation
- Variation in plant species
- Variation in cloud cover and precipitation
- Sea level changes
- Expansions of desert
- Heavy rainfall and heavy snowfall
- Extinction of species
- A threat to food security due to decreasing crop yields.
The greenhouse effect is the process by which absorption and emission of infrared radiation by Gasses in a planet’s atmosphere warm its lower atmosphere and surface. Major greenhouse Gasses are water vapour, carbon dioxide, methane and ozone.
What are the effects of climate change?
- Define climate change.
- State the causes of climate change.
- Mention some of the effects of climate change.
- What is global warming?
- List two greenhouse gasses.
- Animals, man and parasites are grouped as _____ (a) decomposers (b) heterotrophs (c) autotrophs (d) ecosystem
- The relationship between organisms and their physical environment is called ______ (a) ecology (b) ecosystem (c) community (d) biosphere
- The process of wind erosion which involves the lifting and blowing away of loose sand is (a) abrasion (b) deflation (c) attrition (d) saltation
- Which of these is formed by the deposition action of wind (a) dunes (b) yardang (c) zeugen (d) rock pedestal
- The major cause of climate change can be traced to (a) high rainfall (b) increase temperature (c) human activities (d) melting of ice
- Mention two factors that can reduce global warming.
- What is the Ozone layer?
In our next class, we will be talking about ECOWAS. We hope you enjoyed the class.
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.LEARN TO CODE IN 8 WEEKS. Pay Only ₦25000 To Join Class💃
Access Fun Video Lessons to Pass WAEC, NECO, JAMB, POST-UTME in One Sitting💃