Welcome to class!
In today’s class, we will be talking about tourism. Enjoy the class!
Tourism is the process that involves the visiting of people to places of interest for pleasure, relaxation, entertainment, or education.
Factors favourable for tourism
- Presence of wildlife
- Presence of highlands
- Good accommodation or hotels
- Easy means of communication
- Good transportation network or accessibility
- Availability of fund
- Adequate security
- Political stability.
Importance of tourism
- Generates foreign exchange
- Provides educational knowledge
- Promotes employment opportunities
- Provision of social amenities
- Conservation of wildlife
- Promotes local craft industries
- Diffusion of ideas.
- What is tourism?
- What is a resort centre?
- Mention five resort centres in Nigeria
- Mention ten tourist areas in Africa.
- What are the factors that promote tourism?
- The highest highlands in Nigeria are in which region? (a) North Central (b) South-South (b) South West (c) Western region (d) Eastern region
- Mt Everest is in which continent? (a) Europe (b) Australia (c) Asia (d) Africa
- Alps mountain is in which continent? (a) Europe (b) North America (c) South America (d) Asia
- Andes mountain is in which continent? (a) South America (b) North America (c) Asia (d) Europe
- The Rockies mountain is in which continent? (a) South America (b) North America (c) Asia (d) Europe
On a sketch map of Africa, show the following highlands (i) Kilimanjaro (ii) Atlas (iii) Drakensberg (iv) Guinea highland
In our next class, we will be talking about Satellite Remote Sensing. We hope you enjoyed the class.
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.Pass WAEC, JAMB, POST-UTME & more in One Sitting for FREE!💃