Welcome to Class !!
We are eager to have you join us !!
In today’s Commerce class, We will continue learning about Communication. We hope you enjoy the class!
FUNCTIONS/SERVICES OF NITEL
- Telephone services
- GSM services i.e. through MTEL
- Telex Services – for printed messages sent through machines called teleprinter
- Satellite services e.g. for live transmissions of games, events etc
- Data Transmission Services
- Provision of Telephone Directories
- Telegram Services
FUNCTIONS/ADVANTAGES OF COURIER SERVICES
- Fast and safe delivery of mails and parcels
- They undertake air cargo and bulky shipments of commodities
- They render nationwide (and worldwide) services. Services are extended even to rural areas.
- Twenty-four-hour services are provided
- Important mails and parcels are insured
- Their services are more personal and cordial
- The courier companies provide employment opportunities
Differences between the Courier Services and Post Office Service
|Courier services||Postal services|
|1||Materials are usually insured||Materials are not usually insured|
|2||Loss of goods are low||Loss of goods are high|
|3||Very expensive||Relatively cheaper|
|4||Very quick, efficient and reliable service||Very slow and inefficient service|
|5||Longer hours of services are rendered||Fewer hours of services are rendered|
|6||Nationwide and worldwide coverage||Less coverage of activities|
|7||Personal and cordial relationship with customers||Less personal attention is given to customers|
|8||Provide door-to-door service||Do not usually door-to-door service|
- State five functions of a) NIPOST b) NITEL
- List five advantages of courier services over public postal services
Essential Commerce for SSS by O.A Longe page 222-231
- State three functions of courier companies
- List three importance of communication to commerce
GENERAL EVALUATION QUESTIONS
- State seven functions of a chamber of commerce
- Explain five functions of a trade association
- State five problems that a co-operative society may likely face
- Explain five importance of working capital to a business
- State five factors that can affect the rate of turnover of a company
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
We have come to the end of this term and hence SS2. It’s been a remarkable journey and we are glad that you have made it this far. For making it this far, we commend you for being resilient, you have taken charge of your education and future.
The Journey still continues though, we are moving on to SS3. we hope to meet you there.
LEARN TO CODE IN 8 WEEKS. Pay Only ₦25000 To Join Class💃
Access Fun Video Lessons to Pass WAEC, NECO, JAMB, POST-UTME in One Sitting💃