Back to: SOCIAL STUDIES JSS1
Welcome to class!
In today’s class, we will be talking more about cultural and social values. Enjoy the class!
Cultural and Social Values II
Value means the worth or importance of something, it also means the importance, worth or usefulness of something.
Importance of values
- Values guide human behaviour.
- Values give purpose and direction to our lives.
- Human values promote positive relationships among people.
- Values help in decision making.
- Values modify our attitudes and feelings toward others.
Factors that promote good values
- Consistency: It means keeping the same principles.
- Confidence: The ability to have faith or a strong belief in something or someone.
- Tolerance: It means accepting other’s opinions, beliefs, customs, behaviour, etc.
- Fairness: It means the virtue of being Just.
Types of values
- Honesty: This is the quality of being truthful.
Attributes/qualities of honesty
- Honest Communication
Benefits of honesty
- People can defend an honest person
- One can be entrusted with responsibilities.
- An honest person is liked by everyone
- An Honest person gets favour.
Consequences of dishonesty
- Examination Malpractices
Other types of values are:
In our next class, we will be talking about Socialization. We hope you enjoyed the class.
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.Your Opinion Matters! Quickly tell us how to improve your Learning Experience HERE
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!