Back to: SOCIAL STUDIES JSS1
Welcome to class!
In today’s class, we will be talking about the social environment of man. Enjoy the class!
Social Environment of Man
The social environment can be referred to as the current physical and social geographical location and setting in which people live. We can also say an area where an activity occurs or develops. This includes the culture that A person was taught or born in and the people and institutions with whom they relate.
Types of environment
There are two major types of environment which are:
- Social Environment
The physical environment is man’s immediate environment and the physical things that surround a man. It consists of our territories, grasslands, forests, lakes, rivers, lowlands, mountains, valleys. The physical environment is therefore divided into a natural and man-made environment.
The social environment is made up of man’s pattern of life and all of the things he does within his community. Man belongs to a social environment because he lives within a group. This is why we say a man is a social animal; Man interacts with members of his community, the people he lives with, how he interacts with them. Essentially, this is what embodies the environment of man.
Our social environment includes customs, morals, values, religions, eating habit, occupation, language etc.
Features of the physical environment
- It is divided into a natural and man-made environment
- The physical environment is made up of the things we can see like mountains, rivers, hills, rocks, grasslands, etc.
- It is an immediate environment
- It is the relief and scenery of an area
Features of the social environment
- This includes customs, morals, values, ways of dressing, forms of greetings, etc.
- It is the way of interaction
- The music we play and the pattern of life and other things we do within our various communities
- It consists of the people we interact with and the group within where we live.
- The language of interaction within a class or group of people
In our next class, we will be talking about Family As The Basic Unit Of Society. We hope you enjoyed the class.
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.Your Opinion Matters! Quickly tell us how to improve your Learning Experience HERE
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!