Back to: BASIC SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY JSS 1
Welcome to class!
In today’s class, we will be talking about family health. Enjoy the class!
Sanitation refers to the concept adopted by the community to tide-up their surrounding and make it fit for good living. Government and the people of the community usually regulate it.
Sanitation is the removal of all kinds of waste that could be considered unpleasant from our immediate environment, to keep our environment and ourselves clean and healthy.
Types of sanitation
The types of sanitation are as follows:
- Environmental Sanitation: This refers to the practice or ways of keeping our surrounding clean and healthy by removing all kinds of waste from our rooms, toilets, bathrooms, kitchens and surroundings such as markets, schools etc.
- Personal cleanliness: This is the keeping of one’s body and personal belongings neat, clean and tidy always. Personal cleanliness is important for health because it prevents very tiny organisms (micro-organisms) which can cause diseases.
Advantages of observing personal cleanliness
These are the advantage of observing personal cleanliness:
- It makes you healthy.
- It prevents us from diseases.
- Cleanliness of the environment.
- It keeps germs away.
- It can reduce the cost of maintenance.
Disadvantages of not observing personal cleanliness
- It exposes you to germs.
- It can lead to poor health.
- The spread of diseases.
- It leads to low self-esteem among others.
- It can cause death.
How to carry out personal cleanliness
- Bath regularly.
- Cut your nails.
- Wash your hand regularly.
- Brush your teeth morning and night.
- Shave your armpit.
- Cut your hair when it is full and for a woman wash your hair with shampoo at least once a week.
- Wash your private part whenever you use the toilet.
- Wash your cloth.
The importance of sanitation
- It makes you smart.
- It will make you healthy.
- Sanitation will bring you closer to the important thing, things that matter.
- It makes you free from sickness or diseases.
In our next class, we will be talking more about Family Health. We hope you enjoyed the class.
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.Your Opinion Matters! Quickly tell us how to improve your Learning Experience HERE
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!