Back to: Home Economics Primary 4
Process of basic stitches
Back stitches: this is a long hand stitches that can be used in place of straight machine stitch.
How to make
- Fasten on the thread
- Take one long running stitch
- Take a stitch back, then bring the needle at again a little way along the seam line.
- Repeat the desired length
Uses of temporary and permanent stitches
Temporary stitches: These hold pieces of fabrics together temporarily. They are removed as soon as they have served their purposes.
- It can be used to hold side seam
- To make gathers on fabrics
- To hold materials in position temporarily
- It can be used as decorative stitches
- It can be used to sew fabric permanently
- It can be used to hold down garment hem.
Your Opinion Matters! Quickly tell us how to improve your Learning Experience HERE
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!