Back to: Home Economics Primary 4
Run and fell
This is a strong seam. The seam is flat and the easiest seam among the seam to launder.
- Cut the material and place together with the right and side facing matching balance marks.
- Machine stitch along fitting line
- Remove task and press
- Tread seam allowances of one edge longer than the other
- Fold the longer edge over the lesser edge, press fold edge after tacking
- Hem neatly either by hand or machine
- Remove task and press.
French seam: The seam is strong and self-neaten, it launders well. It is used on fine fabrics only.
- Cut the material and place wrong side together
- Pick and tack through fitting line.
- Machine stitch outside the fitting line
- Press turning open and trim the raw edges.
- Turn the seam to the right side of the materials facing each other.
- Push the seam up with thumb and fore fingers of both hands and stitch.
- Remove tacking, press stitches, and press seam.
- Explain run and fell seam.
- Explain French seam.
Your Opinion Matters! Quickly tell us how to improve your Learning Experience HERE
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!