Back to: Home Economics Primary 4
Various functional rooms in the house
A house is a building in which people live. Usually, it has several rooms which serve different purposes. Examples of the parts of a house are the bedrooms, the living room, the kitchen, pantry, store, toilet, bathroom, study, and corridors.
A house could be spacious, comfortable, and magnificent. It could also be simple or even small.
Various rooms in the house
- Sitting room
- Food store
- Dining room
Uses of these rooms
- Bedrooms: It is a room where people sleep or rest. It is used for rest, sleep, dress-up, and for keeping some personal belongings. It is used for keeping important personal belongings such as money, document, clothes, jewellery, etc. It is also used as a centre for dressing and making up.
Furniture and fittings in the bedroom include beds, mattresses, and pillows, wardrobe, and chests of drawers for clothes, bed linens, dressing table with mirror and stool.
- Sitting room or living room: It is one of the functional areas of the room.
- We receive our guests and visitors as well as entertain them in the sitting room.
- People sit and chat in the sitting room
- We read and write on a table in the sitting room
- It is the family relaxation centre.
- It can be used for social activities such as parties, meetings, etc.
- Family pictures and other precious collections can be displayed there. Part of it can be used as dinning
- Write the uses of the following rooms:
- Sitting room
Your Opinion Matters! Quickly tell us how to improve your Learning Experience HERE
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!