Welcome to Class !!
We are eager to have you join us !!
In today’s Christain Religious Studies class, We will be discussing The Christian Missionary Journey. We hope you enjoy the class!
THE CHRISTIAN MISSIONARY JOURNEY SETTING ASIDE BARNABAS AND PAUL [ACTS 13; 1-12]
By the direction of the Holy Spirit, Paul and Barnabas were sent to preach to the Gentiles at Paphos, the capital of Cyprus. And while at Paphos, they met a Jewish sorcerer [magician] called Bar-Jesus also known as Elymas. The sorcerer attached himself to the governor, a very intelligent man called Sergius Paulus. Meanwhile, Sergius Paulus had invited Paul and Barnabas to come and preach to him. And while preached to the governor, the magician tried to discourage the governor from listening to the sermon. And so Paul sternly looked at the sorcerer and said “You son of the devil full of every sort of deceit and fraud and enemy of good! Watch now, the Lord has laid his hand of punishment upon you, and you will be struck blind. You’ll not see the sun for some time. Immediately the sorcerer became blind, he started begging for someone to hold his hands let him walk. The governor saw this and was marvelled, this made him believe instantly the message of Jesus Christ that Paul and Barnabas had brought to him.
- Just as Bar-Jesus was distracting and discouraging the governor from listening that’s how the devil distracts and discourages us too.
- When two power meets the lesser one bows. God’s power is supreme.
- When they preached in Antioch in Pisidia they were persecuted but that did not stop nor discourage them.
- It was in Paphos that the name Paul was officially introduced. Acts 13:9.
- What are the two names of the Jewish sorcerer Paul and Barnabas met at Paphos?
- Why did Paul strike him with blindness?
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
In our next class, we will be talking about The Journey from Antich in Pisidia to Derbe. We are very much eager to meet you there.
Are you a Parent? Share your quick opinion and win free 2-month Premium Subscription