Welcome to Class !!
We are eager to have you join us !!
In today’s Christain Religious Studies class, We will be discussing The Effects of the Holy Spirit on the Early Disciples. We hope you enjoy the class!
- The Effects of The Holy Spirit on The Early disciples (Acts 3: 1-11)
- Moral Lessons
THE EFFECTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT ON THE EARLY DISCIPLES
The presence of the Holy Spirit in the lives of the early disciples was so significant that it was impossible for people to deny the power of God. The followings were so glaring that generations after the disciples are still referring to them as points of reference.
- The disciples were empowered to speak in new tongues. This had never happened before, so people were amazed and critical about it.
- The apostles became so bold in defending the gospel even to the point of death.
- Signs and miracles began to follow them. The healing of the lame man at the beautiful gate was the first demonstration of the power of God by the apostles.
- The Holy Spirit enabled the disciples to continue in faith and their service to God in the midst of stiff opposition and severe persecution. This religion (Christianity) would have died if not for the backing of the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit empowered them with different spiritual gifts to enable them to carry on with the divine assignment.
- The Holy Spirit increased them in number. People began to give their lives to Jesus and became members of the church.
- Holy Spirit made provision for them. And there was love, peace and unity among them.
- Death and authority could no longer scare them. The trial and death of Stephen was a major confirmation of this. Stephen was one of the seven deacons that were ordained by the apostles to take care of the sharing of foods and other items among the believers. He was full of power and wisdom of God and he performed many miracles. He was summoned before the high priest and was condemned to death. He was stoned to death, yet he prayed for his accusers.
- Discuss what would have been the experience of the disciples if the Holy Spirit did not assist them.
- Mention any other effects of the Holy Spirit on the disciples that were not mentioned above.
- Christians should learn from these effects that if they repent of their sins and allow the Holy Spirit to work in them, God can do the same things in their lives as He did in the lives of the apostles.
- The Scriptures identify the Holy Spirit as the third Divine Personality in the Godhead or the Trinity. So we must see the Holy Spirit as God dwelling In the midst of men.
- God’s promise is very certain, Christians must rest assured whenever God promise of a thing that He will surely fulfil it. God is not a man that He should lie, whatever He says, He will do.
- Christians must strive to appreciate the significance of the ascension of Jesus Christ and the presence of the Holy Spirit.
- Christians should the Holy Spirit knowing fully that the Holy Spirit is backing them up just the same way He assisted the early disciples.
- State two reasons why the Holy Spirit is still dwelling among the believers now.
- Mention three works the Holy Spirit can do in the lives of believers now.
- Highlight five effects of the Holy Spirit on the early disciples.
- What is the relationship between the work of the Holy Spirit in the lives of the early disciples and the Christians nowadays?
- What is the personality of the Holy Spirit in the Trinity?
- Do Limitations exist in the realm of the spirit? Support your answers with points.
- Christian Religious Knowledge for JSS. BK 3, by T.N.O Quarcoopome et al. Chapter 1 page 22.
- Fundamental of Christian Religious Knowledge for JSS. BK 3, by Adeyinka. et al. Chapter 1 page 3.
- The Holy Spirit is not one of the following to the early disciples (a) comforter (b) teacher (c) adviser (d) prayer warrior.
- The first miracle by the apostles was done by (a) James (b) Peter (c) Paul (d) John
- The first miracle by the apostles was done on the ………. man at the beautiful gate (a) lame (b) blind (c) deaf (d) epileptic
- Which of these is not an effect of the Holy Spirit on the early disciples (a) boldness (b) eloquence (c) courage (d) power
- The Holy Spirit did not appear as one of the following on the Pentecost day (a) tongue (b) wind (c) water (d) fire
- Discuss the importance of the Holy Spirit on the early disciples.
- What are the things that stop the Holy Spirit from working among the believers?
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
In our next class, we will be talking about Fellowshipping in the Early Church. We are very much eager to meet you there.
For more class notes, homework help, exam practice, download our App HERE
Join ClassNotes.ng Telegram Community for exclusive content and support HERE