Welcome to Class !!
We are eager to have you join us !!
In today’s Basic Technology class, We will be discussing Woodwork Machines. We hope you enjoy the class!
These are machines that are intended to be used to process wood. These machines are usually powered by electric motors and are used extensively in woodworking. Machines can be divided into the bigger stationary machines where the machines remain stationary while materials moved over the machine and handheld power tools where the tool is moved over the materials.
HANDHELD POWER TOOLS (PORTABLE POWER MACHINE)
- Biscuit joiner
- Domino jointer
- Chain saw
- Hand-held circular saw
- Electric drill
- Miter saw
- Nail saw
- Hand-held electric plane
- Reciprocating saw
- Rotary tool
- Handheld sander, including belt sanders, orbital sander, random orbit sander.
- Band saw.
- Combination machine
- Double side planner
- Four side planner or timber sizer
- Stationary sanders, including stroke sander, oscillating spindle sander, belt sander, disc sander (and combination disc – belt sander)
- Table saw
- Tenoner or tenoning machine.
- Thicknesses or thickness planner
- Round pole milling machine
- Round pole sanding machine
This is a portable mechanical saw which cuts with a set of teeth attached to a rotating chain that runs along a guide bar. It is used in activities such as tree felling, bucking and pruning, to fell snags and assist in cutting fire breaks in the forest.
This is a tool used for cutting arbitrary curves, such as stencilled designs or other custom shapes, into a piece of wood or other material. It can be used in a more artistic fashion than other saws.
This is a power tool used to smooth surfaces by abrasion with sandpaper. Sanders have a means of attaching the sandpaper and a mechanism to move it rapidly. The sandpaper is contained within a housing with a means which handhold it and fix it to a workbench. They are usually powered electrically.
A bandsaw is a power tool which uses a blade consisting of a continuous band of metal with teeth along one edge to cut various workpieces. The band usually rides on two or more-wheel rotating in the same plane. It provides uniform cutting action as a result of an evenly distributed tooth.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE OF WOODWORK MACHINES
- Remove loose-fitting clothing, rolling sleeves aprons and eye shield.
- Remove scraps from saws, tables, and floor.
- Regular oiling and greasing of bearings must be encouraged.
- Use the correct saw for each job.
- Saws should be properly set and should be sharp.
- Before switching on, make sure the blade runs free
- Stand to one side when switching on.
- Switch off to make any adjustments on machine or checking measurements or changing belt speed
- Do not overload the machine or force it to work beyond its capacity.
- Make sure you know how to use the machine that you want to use.
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
In our next class, we will be talking about Metal Work Machines. We are very much eager to meet you there.
Are you a Parent? Share your quick opinion and win free 2-month Premium Subscription