Back to: Home Economics Primary 2
EATING GOOD FOOD III
Back to: HOME ECONOMICS PRIMARY 2
Welcome to today’s class!
In today’s class, we will be talking about Eating good food II. Enjoy the class!
EATING GOOD FOOD III
Example of balanced diet/good food
|Food for energy (carbohydrate)||Food for growth (protein)||Food for protection and digestion (fruits)|
|2. Rice||Fish/vegetable soup||Pawpaw|
|3. Tuwo||Okro soup with fish||Pineapple|
Importance of Eating Balanced Diet
Balanced diet helps us to:
- Prevents diseases and infections. When you eat the full range of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients you improve your immune system and your healthy diet may even help prevent diseases like cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and stroke.
- Helps you control your weight. Most people at some point want to lose weight or gain weight – eating a balanced diet helps you control your weight and maintain it over time. A balanced diet is the only way to healthily control your weight in the long term.
- Improves your mental health. Getting the right mix of nutrients can help to ease symptoms of depression and anxiety – looking after yourself by eating well is essential as you take steps to good mental health.
- Good for growth. A balanced diet is crucial for children and adolescents. As the body grows it is important to receive the right nutrients so that cells are built and maintained and the body grows at the right pace.
- Better skin and hair. A healthy balanced diet also improves your looks. Eating well contributes to healthy skin and hair and a “glow” that makes you look younger.
- Look healthy and beautiful
- Feel happy and friendly
- Feel strong and not easily tired
- Feel calm and bright
- Understand your lessons and pass well.
- Name four types of food that help you to grow
- List six types of food that gives energy
- What is a balanced diet?
This lesson will be the end of this term. We hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.Your Opinion Matters! Quickly tell us how to improve your Learning Experience HERE
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!