Back to: Home Economics Primary 2
Back to: HOME ECONOMICS PRIMARY 2
Welcome to today’s class!
In today’s class, we will be talking about Exercise III. Enjoy the class!
Importance/Benefits of Exercise
Exercise has many benefits for the health of your body. There are so many reasons why exercise is important; some of the most important things for young children to know are:
- You will build strong bones, muscles, and joints. Not only will you become stronger, but you will be less likely to get obese, have diabetes, or have high blood pressure. Exercise is good for your heart. It helps your heart pump blood all through your body. Your heart can never take a rest, so it needs to be strong! Good food and plenty of exercise help.
- Exercise can put you in a good mood. When you exercise, your body makes a chemical — called an endorphin — that helps you feel good.
- Exercise helps your body stay at, or reach, a healthy weight. The food you eat is energy that you put into your body. This energy is also called “calories.” To stay at a healthy weight, you have to use up the energy you eat. Exercise helps you do that. If you don’t use the energy, it stays in your body and can make you gain weight that you don’t need. Extra weight is hard on your heart, muscles and bones.
- It helps your body maintain overall good health.
- It helps build and maintain healthy bones and muscle.
- It increases flexibility.
- It feels good, if done right.
- It encourages sound sleep and growth.
- It stimulates the appetite.
- It aids digestion and prevents constipation
- What is exercise?
- State three reasons for exercise.
- List three types of exercise you know.
- Mention two importance of exercise.
In our next class, we will be talking in details about Rest and sleep I. We hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.How Can We Make ClassNotesNG Better? - CLICK to Tell Us Now!
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!
Watch FREE Video Lessons for Best Grades on Afrilearn HERE!💃