Back to: Basic Science Primary 2
Hello children, welcome back to class
At the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to
- State how to take care of their body
- State 3 rules concerning good health habits
- State at least 2 rules concerning good safety habits
Keeping our body, home and environment clean is good for our health and safety. A clean environment is free from diseases. A dirty environment can contain germs which are dangerous to our health.
Taking care of parts of our body is very important for good health.
The parts of our body that need our attention most include: our eyes, nose, teeth, hair, nails, skin, etc.
Care of parts of our body
- Eat the right amount of food.
- Clean your teeth every morning and after each meal with a tooth brush and tooth paste to avoid decay
- Do not use a sharp/ pointed object to clean your ears. It may damage your ears
- Use a nail cutter to cut finger nails short. Do not cut your nails with your teeth.
- Always ensure to put on clean and dry clothes.
GOOD PERSONAL HEALTH HABITS
Good personal health habits constitute personal hygiene. personal hygiene involves eating balance diet, keeping our body clean, living in a clean environment, etc.
Some of which are:
- Wash your hands before and after eating
- Wash your hands after visiting the toilet
- Cover your food when you are not ready to eat to avoid flies perching on it.
- Wash your hands after playing, if possible, take a shower
- Always drinks clean water using a clean cup
- Cover your mouth and nose with a handkerchief when sneezing
- Always wash your fruits well before eating them
- Always wash your vegetable well before cooking them.
- Always wash the plates and cutlery after each meal
- Always take proper exercise
- Eat good and balanced food
Safety means to protect oneself from harm. We should always be ensuring we are safe at home, school or on the road.
Safety at Home
- Use a knife carefully
- Do not open a bottle with your teeth, rather use a bottle opener
- Clean any wet floor
- Stay away from any electrical outlets
- Keep all toys away from the floor.
Safety at school
- Do not litter your classroom or school with paper. Always use the bin
- Don’t push people while walking
- Do not run on the stairs or hall way
- Be careful when playing on the playground
- Do not drop banana peel on the floor to avoid slipping, use the bin.
Safety along the road
- Do not walk with your back to oncoming vehicles
- Always look both ways before you cross the road
- Make use of the pedestrian way when walking on the road
- Always cross road at zebra crossing.
- Do not play ball on the road. Use a football field.
- What is Safety?
- Mention 3 ways how we can take care of our body
- State 2 safety rules at home and on the road
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!
Watch FREE Video Lessons for Best Grades on Afrilearn HERE!💃