Welcome to Class !!
We are eager to have you join us !!
In today’s Agricultural Science class, We will be learning about Crop Pests. We hope you enjoy the class!
ECONOMIC IMPORTANCE OF INSECT PESTS IN CROP PRODUCTION
- They destroy crops in the fields through their biting, chewing, boring, sucking and defoliation activities.
- They cause a reduction in the viability of stored produce
- Spot of injuries by insect pests predispose crops to pathogen attack
- They increase the cost of production as they are being controlled
- They render vegetables and fruits unattractive and unmarketable
- Some are of vectors of disease
- The profits of farmers are reduced
- They reduce the quality of farm produce either in the store or in the field
- They generally reduce the yield of crops
- They can also cause total death of crop plants.
- What are pathogens?
- List five pathogens you know
- List four economic importance of insect pest
Revision questions 3 and 8 Essential Agricultural Science for Senior Secondary Schools Chapter 26, page 247
- What are pests
- List the five types of pests
- A. List five effects of pests in crop production
- List three control measures of plant disease
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
In our next class, we will be learning about Control of Crop Pests. We are very much eager to meet you there.
For more class notes, homework help, exam practice, download our App HERE
Join ClassNotes.ng Telegram Community for exclusive content and support HERE