Back to: Civic Education Primary 1
Hi. Good to have you in class.
In this lesson, you will be learning about the various rules and regulations in the school.
Rules and Regulations in the School
Rules and regulations in the school are:
- What we should do in the school environment.
- What we should not do in the school environment.
- Be punctual at school.
- Attend school regularly
- You must be neat and tidy at all times.
- Be polite.
- Obey the teacher
- Do not run when going up and down the stairs
- Do not tell lies.
- Do not make noise in the class
- Do not fight in school.
- Obey the prefects.
- Do your class work and homework promptly.
Punctuality and Regularity
Punctuality and regularity will help you become a better person in future. Here are some ways in which you can learns to be punctual and regular in whatever you are doing.
- Attend school every day of the week.
- Always think of the time and day you should do something.
- Submit your class work and homework to the teacher on time.
- Participate in class activities
Reward for Obedience
Pupils who obey rules could be rewarded in the following ways:
- Being praised by the teachers and the head teacher
- Being given a prize by the school.
- Being respected by the teachers and other pupils.
Reward for Disobedience
- Those who disobey rules may get punished by the teacher
- They would be noted specially for disobedience (by the teachers and pupils)
- The teacher would report them to their parent
- They may be sent away from school.
Duties of Class Monitors and Prefects
- They keep the class neat and tidy. When the class is tidy, we will be comfortable and then we will learn new things easily.
- They clean the chalkboard. When the chalkboard is clean, it will be easy for the teachers to write on it, and we will see it clearly.
- They stop noise making in the class. We will learn better when the class is quiet.
- They help the teachers to organize the class For example, they distribute books, pencils, crayons and such things. They also collect our books when we finish our work. Sometimes, they arrange our books on the shelves.
- They report disobedient pupils to the school authority
- They make sure other pupils are orderly.
- They make sure that the school compound is neat
Qualities of Class Monitors and Prefects
- They are humble
- They are regular in school.
- They are neat
- They are intelligent.
- They are disciplined.
- They are honest.
- They are punctual
- They are obedient.
- They do their class work and homework on time.
- They do not fight in school and at home.
- They are friendly.
Developing and Sustaining Qualities in Pupils
School authorities can encourage class monitors and prefects that do their work very well by:
- Giving them prizes.
- Helping them to get scholarships
- Telling the Pårent-Teåcher Association about them.
- A prefect receiving a scholarship from the head teachers
Answer these questions
- Mention five duties of class monitors.
- Mention five qualities of class monitors.
- Mention three things that can be done to appreciate the work done by good class monitors.
- List six school rules and regulations
- Mention three rewards of obeying school rules and regulations
- Write two things which would make a pupil earn punishment from the teacher
Goodbye.How Can We Make ClassNotesNG Better? - CLICK to Tell Us Now!
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!
Watch FREE Video Lessons for Best Grades on Afrilearn HERE!💃