Back to: Civic Education Primary 1
Welcome to class. Today, we will be discussing the reason we study civic education.
Just give full attention.
Why we Study Civic Education
We study civic education for many reasons. We shall examine some of them:
- For public awareness: People should have the knowledge and understanding of their rights in their society. They should also understand their duties towards the society. They should be aware of what they should expect from the government. 2. In order to understand the values of our society: Civic education helps us to understand the values of our society and it shows us how to practice such values. These values include
- To equip young people to become leaders in future: When young people study civic education, they will understand the needs of the society. They will also understand how to meet those needs. This will enable them to govern the country well in future.
- To equip us to serve our country: Civic education will teach us how to serve our country and make it a more enjoyable place.
Importance of Civic Education
This refers to the worth of civic educations to the society. Civic education is useful to the society in many ways.
The following are some of the importance of civic education:
- Civic education helps to develop good citizens because it makes us understand our society.
- It makes citizens to be aware of their rights.
- It produces citizens who know their responsibilities.
- It teaches people how to make their society orderly, peaceful and stable.
- It makes governance easy, because it teaches people about the programmes and policies of the government.
- Mention four importance of civic education.
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!
Watch FREE Video Lessons for Best Grades on Afrilearn HERE!💃