Back to: Basic Science Primary 3
Welcome to class.
Water is very important in the lives of living things, i.e. it is useful for human beings, plants and animals. Humans use water in the following activities:
- For cooking
- For bathing
- For washing
- For drinking
- For filling swimming pools
USES OF WATER TO PLANTS
- Water makes plant to grow
- Water pressure in the cell males plant rigid and strong
- Water helps to hydrate plant
- Water helps to regulate plant’s temperature in the process of transpiration
- Water helps to transport nutrients and minerals through the plants and its cells.
USES OF WATER TO ANIMALS
- Water provides shelter for some animals, like fish, amphibians and some reptiles
- Water aids food digestion in animals
- Water helps to regulate body temperature
- Water helps to transport wastes, such as sweat and urine, away from the body.
- Water serves as a reaction medium in metabolic reaction.
- Mention 3 uses of water to animals
- Water helps to regulate plant’s temperature through the process called———– (a) translocation (b) respiration (c) transpiration (d) photosynthesis
- Water is important in the lives of living things (True/ False)
- Mention 3 uses of water to human beings.
We have come to the end of the class. If you have any question ask using the comment box. see you in the next class.Your Opinion Matters! Quickly tell us how to improve your Learning Experience HERE
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!