Back to: Basic Science Primary 3
Welcome to class.
Water contaminants are substances that contaminate water and make it unsafe for drinking or useful for other purposes. They include sewage, faeces, urine, sand, dust, waste oil, chemicals, refuse, etc.
WAYS OF PREVENTING WATER CONTAMINATION
- Use clean cup to drink water
- Do not urinate or defecate in body of water
- Avoid disposing waste, such as refuse and sewage in water
- Bathing and washing should be avoided near body of water
- Cover the water to prevent contaminants such as dust, and sand from entering it
- Do not dispose domestic wastes in the body of water.
- Use your fruits and vegetables well before eating
- Do not cook with unclean water.
- Which of the following substances is a water contaminant? (a) sugar (b) salt (c) urine (d) glucose
- Contaminated water is safe for drinking (true/ false)
- Which of the following cannot contaminate water? (a) virus (b) bacteria (c) sewage (d) ice
- List 2 substances that make water unfit for drinking
- List 2 ways of preventing contamination of water.
We have come to the end of the class. If you have any question ask using the comment box. see you in the next class.Your Opinion Matters! Quickly tell us how to improve your Learning Experience HERE
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!