Welcome to class!
In today’s class, we will be talking about vocabularies associated with hotel and catering. Enjoy the class!
Vocabularies Associated with Hotel and Catering
Remember I told you earlier that the purpose of vocabulary development is to introduce you to words associated with certain fields or professions. There are certain words you must have come across yet you do not know how to use them.
Here are some few words related to hotels and catering, including their meanings.
- Booking: An arrangement to reserve a room for someone to stay in a hotel.
- Booked up: This means all rooms have been reserved: I went to the Catering Rest House after a long drive and was told all rooms have been booked up.
- Restaurant: A proper name for an establishment whose main purpose is to provide meals: The hotel I lodged in has its restaurant.
- Reception/Reception Desk: A counter in a hotel where you meet with the receptionist on duty to request for the service you want: I met with the receptionist at the receptionist desk to make an enquiry on their services.
- Bar: A place where various drinks are served. A bar can exist on its own or it may be a room in a hotel: Bayo has just hinted me that the hotel has its own bar.
- Lounge: A room where people can sit comfortability in a hotel to drink: My friends and I meet at the lounge occasionally to celebrate our victory.
- Brochure: A small booklet that provides information on the local sites and attractions of a hotel: Feel free to take some brochures to your room to look at.
- Check-in: To go to the front desk to receive keys: You can check-in anytime after four o’clock.
- Bed and Breakfast: A home that offers people a place to stay overnight and have breakfast.
- Adjoining Rooms: Two hotel rooms with a door in the centre: If you want, we can book your parents in an adjoining room.
Now do the following exercise
Find the meaning of the following words and use them in a sentence each.
ordering a meal menu
staff laundry service
In our next class, we will be talking about Prepositional Phrases. We hope you enjoyed the class.
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.LEARN TO CODE IN 8 WEEKS. Pay Only ₦25000 To Join Class💃
Access Fun Video Lessons to Pass WAEC, NECO, JAMB, POST-UTME in One Sitting💃