Back to: Civic Education Primary 3
Welcome to class, I hope you enjoyed the last class. Today we will be talking about highway codes. Follow me closely and you will understand what we are about to talk about.
These are rules and laws made for the control of the movement of people and vehicles on our roads. Highway Code are also called Traffic regulations. Highway codes guide our behaviour when using the various means of transport, i.e. road, water, air and railway.
The need for traffic regulations or Highway Code
- Safety on the roads: These regulations, when followed, ensure the safety of people using the roads. The lives of the people will not be wasted through accidents on the roads.
- Safety of property. When accidents happen on the roads, property are destroyed. In order to save property, traffic regulations are put in place.
- Prevention of accidents: Accidents are prevented when traffic regulations are enforced on our roads. When road users obey traffic signs, accidents will be prevented on our roads.
- Helping us to reach our destinations in time: When road users obey traffic regulations, there will be free flow of traffic, and this will enable people to get to their destinations without wasting time in traffic jams, which are usually caused by non-compliance with traffic regulations.
- Enjoyment of stress free journeys: When traffic regulations are obeyed, our journeys will be with less anxiety and anger. When there is a traffic jam, people always get angry at the slightest provocation. However, when the regulations are obeyed, anger and provocation, which lead to stress in individuals will be avoided.
we have come to the end of today’s class. If you have any question ask using the comment. Thank you for following me.Your Opinion Matters! Quickly tell us how to improve your Learning Experience HERE
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!