Welcome to class, I hope you enjoyed the last class. Today we will be talking about national identity. Follow me closely and you will understand what we are about to talk about.
Meaning of National Identity
National identity can be referred to as the symbols, actions and behaviour, beliefs, languages and feelings that make people from one country different from people from other countries. It also means accepting and belonging to a country by taking part in its activities, and obeying the rules and regulations of that country.
Elements of National Identity
There are certain things that make it possible for people to identify themselves as members of one country or another. These include the following:
- National anthem: This is a song which has a special importance for å It tells the way the people feel about their country.
- Citizenship of å nation: The citizens feel special about their na They enjoy certain rights and are expected to do certain things for their country.
- Payment of taxes and dues. The people pay taxes which are used to develop their country.
- Working to make the society better: All true citizens of å country strive towards making their country better.
- Showing respect for national symbols: People who identify with their country show respect for the national symbols of their country. For example, in Nigeria, many offices and organizations fly the national flag always Some have the coat of arms, the pictures of the president, and the state governor. We stand at attention when we say the national pledge and when we sing the national anthem.
we have come to the end of today’s class. If you have any question ask using the comment. Thank you for following me.Everybody SCREAM💃 ClassNotes evolving to Afrilearn! Get ready for a world-class learning experience🎊