Welcome to class!
In today’s class, we will be talking more about marriage. Enjoy the class!
Conditions for marriage
Marriage can be successful and perfect when some conditions are properly considered before going into it. These conditions are;
- Financial readiness
- Psychological fitness
- Physiological fitness
- Social stability
This is the breakdown of the above.
- Financial readiness: the man and woman are usually advised to have a job before marriage this is to help settle domestic issues and external issues related to money. The inability to cater to the home can lead to separation or divorce.
- Maturity: when the couple is mature, they are able to decide on their marriage journey with a determination to make it a success.
- Psychological fitness: the man and woman are coming from different backgrounds they will have to ensure they understand certain things, the ability of the couple in calming down conflict would enhance more understanding and some lessons will be learned.
- Physiological fitness: husband and wife are expected to be physically fit; if a woman or man is not fit physically it may promote unhealthiness in the part of the children and wife in particular.
- Social stability: the couple should be socially accepted as responsible individuals before embarking on the marriage.
Function of marriage
- Marriage is for companionship: Companionship is the friendly relationship we have with another person
- Marriage is for procreation: when a man and a wife get married, they are able to give birth to their own children.
- Marriage is a sign of responsibility: a married person has some responsibility to be done.
- Marriage prevent STD, HIV/AID: marriage put an end to any illegal relation between a man and a woman that can cause disease
- Marriage gives comfort and security to the children: parent raises their children together and impacts good morals in them.
In our next class, we will be talking about Disobedience. We hope you enjoyed the class.
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.For more class notes, homework help, exam practice, download our App HERE
Join ClassNotes.ng Telegram Community for exclusive content and support HERE