Welcome to Class !!
We are eager to have you join us !!
In today’s Basic Science class, We will be discussing Chemicals – Safety Measures. We hope you enjoy the class!
TOPIC: CHEMICALS 2- SAFETY MEASURES
In the previous lesson, we have seen how dangerous chemicals are if not handled properly. In this lesson, we shall consider safety measures to prevent any form of accidents. Below are some safety precautions to consider when handling chemicals:
- Ensure that your workspace is well organized and orderly. Make sure all chemicals are well labelled and placed appropriately. Let the workplace be very neat and ensure there is enough space for movement to avoid collisions.
- Do not eat, drink, store food, smoke, or apply cosmetics in areas where chemicals are in use especially in laboratories. Wash your hands frequently and before eating to avoid poisoning.
- Never smell chemicals to identify them. They might affect your respiratory system.
- Always wear personal protective gears when handling chemicals. As a student working in the school laboratory, make sure you wear your lab coat and also, hand gloves.
- For ladies, ensure that your hair is properly packed and tied to the back.
- Ensure fire extinguishers and sand buckets are available in case an outbreak occurs.
- Prepare for any form of accidents and be well informed on how to handle it.
- Always follow instructions. Never neglect any.
- Know the location of every safety equipment by heart and also know how to use them.
- Avoid any and every form of playing when handling chemicals.
- Always clean up when you are done with all you have to do.
All these precautions should be adhered to strictly in order to prevent accidents.
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
In our next class, we will be talking about Drug Abuse. We are very much eager to meet you there.Are you a Parent? Share your quick opinion and win free 2-month Premium Subscription