Welcome to Class !!
We are eager to have you join us !!
In today’s Christian Religious Studies class, We will be discussing Love as the Supreme Law. We hope you enjoy the class!
LOVE AS THE SUPREME LAW (John 13:34-35; 1 Cor. 13:1)
Love means to care for or be devoted to someone. It also means showing affection and maintaining a good relationship between us and God and between us and our fellow human beings. Jesus told us that love is the supreme law and the greatest law.
Love and the Two Greatest Commandments(Mat 22:34-40, Luke 10:25-28)
Jesus Christ taught us that love is the supreme law. This is because the Ten Commandments are based on love.
The purpose of the Ten Commandments is to maintain a good relationship between us and God and between us and our neighbours. We are able to achieve this when we obey all that God tells us to do and when we love our fellow human beings.
Jesus made this fact clear to the lawyer who asked Him which is the greatest commandment in the law. Jesus said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the greatest and the first commandment and the second is like it, -You shall love your neighbours as yourself”.
Jesus said on these two commandments depend on all the laws of Moses and the prophets.
Love as a New Commandment(John 13:34-35; 1 Cor. 13:1)
Jesus made love a new commandment for His disciples. He said to them, “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another even as I have loved you, that you also love one another, by this all men will know that you are my disciples if you have love for one another”.
If we love God and our fellow human beings, it is a true sign that we are children of God and followers of Christ.
It is a new commandment because God is love and His true children must be like Him in love. It is also a prerequisite to entering into the kingdom of heaven and to reign with Jesus.
Love binds together the relationship between God and man, and the relationship between one man and another.
The Qualities of Love(1 Cor. 13)
- Love is patient.
- Love is kind.
- Love is not jealous or boastful.
- Love is not arrogant or rude.
- Love does not insist on its own way.
- Love is not irritable or resentful.
- Love does not rejoice in wrong but rejoices in the right.
- Love bears all things and endures all things.
- Love never ends, it is eternal. Prophecies, knowledge and tongues will pass away, but love never ends.
- Love is perfect.
Meanwhile, these three remain: faith, hope, and love; and the greatest of these is love.
- We should be obedient to God’s commandment as written in the Bible.
- We should also obey the laws of our society so that there will be orderliness and progress in order to prevent anarchy.
- We should love God and our fellow men in words and deeds since love is the greatest.
- Love is the only gift that is eternal. Other things such as fame, wealth, wisdom and faith will end but love never ends.
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
In our next class, we will be talking about Parables Teaching about Maturity and Responsibility. We are very much eager to meet you there.
LEARN TO CODE IN 8 WEEKS. Pay Only ₦25000 To Join Class💃
Access Fun Video Lessons to Pass WAEC, NECO, JAMB, POST-UTME in One Sitting💃