Welcome to Class !!
We are eager to have you join us !!
In today’s Christian Religious Studies class, We will be discussing The Beatitude. We hope you enjoy the class!
The Beatitude (Matthew 5: 1-12)
The word beatitude comes from the Latin word “beatus” which means “blessed, happy, spiritually prosperous and successful.”
Beatitude describes the states of people that enjoy the highest kind of happiness in the kingdom of God.
In other words, the beatitude as taught by Jesus describes the happiness or blessedness of those who meet the moral and spiritual qualities needed for the kingdom of God.
Interpretation of the Beatitudes
1. The poor in spirit describes those who recognize their spiritual helplessness but desire to be rich in spiritual things
2. Those who mourn are those who are going through hard times and sorrowful moments in life without comfort or help from anyone but Jesus said such people shall be comforted by God.
3. The meek are the humble, gentle people who put their trust in God and are not proud or boastful.
4. Those who hunger and thirst after righteousness are those who have a desire for the things of God and are willing to do the will of God.
5. The merciful are the kind, sympathetic and forgiving people.
6. The pure in heart are those who do not imagine or devise evil in their hearts against others.
7. The peacemakers are those who settle disputes or quarrels among others.
8. Those who are persecuted for righteousness sake are Christians who show sacrificial suffering for Christ. They are persecuted and sometimes killed.
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
In our next class, we will be talking about Christain as Salt of the Earth and Light of the World. We are very much eager to meet you there.
Are you a Parent? Share your quick opinion and win free 2-month Premium Subscription