Back to: Bible Knowledge Primary 1
Hello. Welcome back to class. Trust you are doing well.
Paul and Silas were missionaries for Jesus. Does anyone know what a missionary is? They travel all over, walking or riding on donkeys, telling people about Jesus.
They told many people about Jesus some were very happy to hear and others were angry because they liked being evil and knew by what they were told that Jesus would forgive them and they would become nicer and they didn’t like that idea at all.
One day a man got very angry at what Paul and Silas were telling the people and had them arrested, beaten and thrown in Jail. The jailer was told if these bad guys (Paul and Silas) escaped, he would be killed. So he locked their feet in stocks, does anyone know what stocks are? They are heavy bars that go across your feet and are locked so you can’t move.
Now their ankles hurt their backs were bloody and hurt from the beating, they were cold, hungry and sad they were in jail. But do you know what they did? They prayed and sang songs to God, because they loved HIM and knew he was there with them even if they were not in their favorite place. Do you know God is with you even when you are sad or scared?
All the prisoners could hear Paul and Silas singing and praising God and the jail keeper fell asleep. All of a sudden an earthquake, a really big earthquake happened. Their chains fell off their feet were freed and the doors of the prison open. The jailer woke from his sleep and held out his sword to stab himself when Paul and Silas said we didn’t run away don’t kill yourself. The jail keeper was surprised and knew the reason they were so kind is that they knew Jesus. He asked how I might know HIM. Paul and Silas were very happy to tell him all about Jesus and the Jailer ask HIM into his heart. Then the jailer took Paul and Silas to his house cleaned up their wounds, and fed them. Paul and Silas told the jailers family about Jesus and all of them got saved also.
Isn’t that a wonderful story because Paul and Silas loved Jesus and trusted Him, the jailer and his whole family will live forever with Jesus too.
- What city did Paul and his friends go to first in Macedonia? (Philippi)
- Why did Philippi not have a synagogue? (Not enough Jews lived there)
- Who did Paul and his friends find at the river? (Women)
- Who opened Lydia’s heart to listen to the words Paul was teaching? (The Lord)
- Who is God leading you to share the Good News/Gospel of Christ with?
- Who was following Paul when he was sharing the Good News in Philippi? (A slave girl that could predict the future)
- Why did the slave girl’s masters get angry? (They couldn’t make money from the slave girl anymore)
- How was Paul and Silas treated by the crowd? (They were beaten)
- What did Paul and Silas do in prison? (They prayed and praised God)
- How did God’s power change the jailer’s heart? (He believed in Jesus)
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!