Welcome to class, I hope you enjoyed the last class. Today we will be talking about drug abuse. Follow me closely and you will understand what we are about to talk about.
Drug Abuse is simply defined as the use of drugs without the advice of a doctor or pharmacist. The World Health Organization (WHO) defined drug abuse as a persistent or sporadic excessive drug use inconsistent with or unrelated to acceptable medical practice.
Ways of identifying someone who has Abused Drugs
- Untidy appearance
- Drunken behavior
- Frequent fighting
- Disobedience to parent and constituted authority
Dangers of Drug Abuse
- Mental Illness: It results in mental illness because the brain is damaged
- Accident: Cases of accidents are common as a result of drug abuse.
- Addiction: People who abuse drugs can no longer function well without drugs.
- Dropping out of school: Drug abusers will no longer be able to cope with life activities including school. Consequently, the person abusing drugs will either drop out of school or he/she is forced out of school.
we have come to the end of today’s class. If you have any question ask using the comment. Thank you for following me.For more class notes, videos, homework help etc download our Mobile App HERE
Join ClassNotes.ng Telegram Community HERE for exclusive content and support