Back to: Social Studies Primary 3
Welcome to class, today we will be talking about Family and I am so sure you will enjoy the class but all you need to do is to follow me closely.
A family is a group of people who are related to each other by blood or marriage. It is the smallest and most important unit of society. It is the first social group a child is exposed to before he/she is allowed to experience learning from other social groups.
Types of Family
The nuclear family is made up of a father, mother, and their children. Members of a nuclear family usually live together in the same house.
DUTIES Of Family
Parents are responsible for providing food, clothes, shelter and paying their school fees. Parents teach their children how to become good citizens of the community. Parents also teach their children to work hard in school and to respect other people.
Children have the responsibility to go to school and get a good education so that they can become good citizens. Children also help their parents out around the home.
Extended family is made up of father, mother, children, uncles, aunts, grandparents and cousins. They may also all live together in the same household. All those who are related to your father and mother by blood are members of your extended family.
- Aunt: An aunt is your father or mother’s sister.
- Uncle: An uncle is your father or mother’s brother.
- Grandfather: A grandfather is your father or your mother’s father.
- Grandmother: A grandmother is your father or your mother’s mother.
- Cousin: A cousin is the son or daughter of your aunty or uncle.
- Nephew: The son of your sister or brother.
- Niece: The daughter of your sister or brother.
- Ward: A ward is a person your parents are responsible for. It could be the daughter or son of one of your parent’s friends. Usually a ward is also a minor, which is someone who is not yet 18 years old
we have come to the end of today’s class, I hope you enjoy the class. see you in the next class.How Can We Make ClassNotesNG Better? - CLICK to Tell Us Now!
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!
Watch FREE Video Lessons for Best Grades on Afrilearn HERE!💃
1 thought on “Family ”
GOOD FOR LOTANNA