Welcome to class, today we will be talking about roles family member plays. I am so sure you will enjoy the class but all you need to do is to be attentive.
Parents are responsible for providing food, clothes, shelter, and paying their school fees. Parents teach their children how to become good citizens of the community. Parents also teach their children to work hard in school and to respect other people.
Children have the responsibility to go to school and get a good education so that they can become good citizens. Children also help their parents out around the home.
Relatives do many things together. They spend time together, share important activities, such as birthdays and weddings. Relatives help each other out when someone needs help. They take care of each other.
Advantages/Benefits/Merits of Extended Family
We gain a lot by being a member of an extended family. Members help one another in so many ways:
- Promotes unity among members of the family.
- Offering protection and guidance to one another.
- Help and support for one another.
- Provision of food and shelter
- Providing assistance in time of need.
- Look after the children of other members.
- Offering advice to one another.
Disadvantages/Demerits of Extended Family
- Members of the family are sometimes jealous of one another.
- They often quarrel with one another.
- They are sometimes a threat to one another.
- They can quarrel over land or properties.
- Interference in marriages and other relationships
- There is too much burden on a few individuals
- Some family members become lazy
How to solve the Problem of an Extended Family
- Teaching them to love one another.
- Providing adequately for their needs.
- Holding regular family meetings and seeking members’ opinions on family issues.
- Respecting the views of other members.
- Rich members can also help the poor ones among them to support their families.
- Inheritance such as land and wealth should be shared in a fair and just manner.
I hope you enjoy the class, in our next class we will be talking about marriage customs. see you in the next class.Are you a Parent? Share your quick opinion and win free 2-month Premium Subscription