Welcome to Class !!
We are eager to have you join us !!
In today’s Computer Science class, We will be discussing Peopleware. We hope you enjoy the class!
Peopleware is a term used to refer to one of the three core aspects of computer technology i.e. hardware, software and peopleware. It can refer to anything that has to do with the role of people in the development or use of computer software and hardware components.
Peopleware can be divided into two distinct groups:
- Computer professionals
- Computer user
These are individuals who have in one way or the other required formal education or training in the use of computers.
Examples of computer professionals include:
- Computer Managers
- Computer Programmers / Software Developers.
- Computer Operators
- Computer Engineers
- System Analysts
- Software Engineers
- Database Administrators
Functions of the Computer Professionals
Functions of a Computer Manager:
- Responsible for day to day running of the computer department.
- Ensures computer installations run efficiently in satisfying the computing needs of the organization.
- Coordinates the staff of the computer department.
- Plans for improvement to the organisation’s activities through new and improved systems.
Functions of a System Analyst:
- Design of computer-based systems, their implementation and review.
- Produces flow charts for the programmer to use.
- Analysis of existing systems with a view to computerizing them.
Functions of the Computer Engineer:
- Installation of a new computer or additional peripherals.
- Repairs or replaces defective components in the computer.
- Periodically clean the computer and the sensitive inner parts.
Qualities of a good Computer Professional
The qualities include the following:
- Must be ready to work with others as a team.
- Must be able to correct errors on the computer.
- Must not commit computer crime such as fraud.
- Must be ready to improve himself.
- Must be up to date on computer issues.
- Must not allow computers to get infected with a computer virus.
These are the group of people who make use of the computer system in discharging their day to day activities or simply those who work with the computer system. These people may not have had any formal training in a computer but can exchange their services of some computer professionals.
Examples of computer users include:
- Standard user
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
In our next class, we will be talking about the Operating System. We are very much eager to meet you there.
Pass WAEC, JAMB, POST-UTME & more in One Sitting for FREE!💃