Welcome to Class !!
We are eager to have you join us !!
In today’s Computer Science class, We will be discussing Safety Measures – Use of Computer Labs and Gadgets. We hope you enjoy the class!
Safety Measures: Use of Computer Lab and Gadgets
Responsible Ways of using the Computer
As a computer user, you should always do the following to ensure that your computer is working properly.
- Dust your computer properly every morning and avoid clustering of dust on the keyboard and screen your computer.
- To appropriately prevent clustering of dust on your computer, you can use dust cover to cover your desktop computer after each day’s use.
- Ensure that you connect your computer to a good power source. Always protect your computer from power surges and spikes by using UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) and surge protection equipment.
- Appropriately shut down your computer after use, please do not turn off (switch off) your computer from the power button, except if your power button is configured to shut down when it is pressed.
- Do not spill liquids on your computer system. You can clean your system with a wet cloth, but make sure that it is completely unplugged from the power source. Also, make sure that the system is completely dry before connecting it to a power source.
- Unplug your computer from the power source after each day’s use.
- Ensure that your antivirus software is updated on a regular basis, say, on a daily basis or at most on a weekly basis.
- Avoid sharing files from your computer when you do not have updated antivirus software on your system.
Managing the Computer Laboratory
- The computer laboratory and environs should be dust-free.
- Computer systems should be kept dust-free at all times.
- There should be adequate ventilation in the laboratory.
- The lighting system in a computer laboratory should be adequate.
- The computer systems should be orderly arranged to enhance free movement.
- Chairs should be comfortable and computer furniture should be arranged in a comfortable manner.
We have come to the end of this class. We do hope you enjoyed the class?
Should you have any further question, feel free to ask in the comment section below and trust us to respond as soon as possible.
We have come to the end of this term and hence JSS2. It’s been a remarkable journey and we are glad that you have made it this far. For making it this far, we commend you for being resilient, you have taken charge of your education and future.
The Journey still continues though, we are moving on to JSS3 and we hope to see there.
For more class notes, homework help, exam practice, download our App HERE
Join ClassNotes.ng Telegram Community for exclusive content and support HERE