Welcome back to class
Keeping or maintaining a healthy poultry is very important. It determines the quality and quantity of harvest derived at the end of the day.
Vitamins are given to all breeds and types of chickens in the form of vegetables or
additives. Every category of chicken should be fed with the appropriate type of feed and vitamins regularly.
Health Care Of Chickens
Good management helps to prevent occurrence of diseases and attack of pests on chickens. The following activities are carried out for a proper health care of chickens:
- Remove and isolate sick chickens from the flock.
- Bury all dead chickens.
- Get the deep litter house ready, fumigate it and leave it for a few days before stocking.
- Provide adequate heating in the brooder house for chicks, especiallyin cold periods.
- Provide disinfected foot mats at the entrance of the chicken house.
- Wear protective footwears before entering the chicken house.
- Remove poultry waste in the chicken house regularly to avoid infection.
- Clean food and water troughs regularly.
- Consult a veterinary doctor for
routine inoculation and other health
- Sign Of ill – Health In Chicken
-Discharge from nostril
Loss of appetite
Reduction in egg production among layers
Chicken huddles together and droops as if the birds are feeling cold.
Birds standing with their eyes closed
Presence of stores on wattles and combs
- Mention five ways to maintain the health of our poultry
- List five signs that shows that the birds are ill or not feeling well
See you in the next classFor more class notes, homework help, exam practice, download our App HERE
Join ClassNotes.ng Telegram Community for exclusive content and support HERE