Back to: Bible Knowledge Primary 4
Attitude to God’s revelation.
- The story of Samuel’s call. 1 Samuel 3: 1-6
Attitude to God’s revelation
The following should be our attitudes to God’s revelation:
- We should be calm enough to get the revelation.
- We should listen attentively.
- We should be ready to do His will.
- We should show humility.
The story of Samuel’s call. 1 Samuel 3: 1-6
Samuel is a little boy who lives in Eli’s household to work with him and serve the Lord. At that time there was no frequent vision. When God call Samuel, he did not know that it was God who called him, and he answered Eli thinking he heard his voice. When he ran to Eli the third time that God called him, Eli told him the right attitude he should show to God’s revelation.
After then, Samuel did as Eli had instructed him and God gave him the revelation.
Then Eli realized that the Lord was calling the boy. So, Eli told Samuel, ‘go and lie down, and if he calls you, say, ‘speak, Lord, for your servant is listening.’ So, Samuel went and lay down in his place.
The Lord came and stood there, calling as at the other times, “Samuel! Samuel!”
Then Samuel said, “Speak, for your servant is listening.”
- God wants us to be holy to reveal Himself to us.
- God wants us to know that He can reveal himself to little children too just like in the story of Samuel.
- Who was Samuel living with when he was a little boy?
ANSWER: He was living with Eli.
- What kind of attitude should we show to God’s revelation?
ANSWER: (a) we should listen attentively (b)we should show humility (c)we should show readiness.
How Can We Make ClassNotesNG Better? - CLICK to Tell Us Now!
Pass WAEC, JAMB, NECO, BECE In One Sitting CLICK HERE!
Watch FREE Video Lessons for Best Grades on Afrilearn HERE!💃