Agencies that promotes the social wellbeing of youths
There are government and Private (non-governmental) agencies which are concerned with promoting the wellbeing of youths. This means they want young people to be happy and healthy in the society.
Some of these agencies are:
- Girl Guides: They want to develop young girls to become responsible leaders. Here, young girls are taught the values of being honest, responsible and they learn other useful skills such as exercising.
- Boy Scouts: It is similar to the Girl Guides because its objectives are also to develop young boys to be responsible leaders in the society.
- Rotary Club: It has different branches around in Nigeria. It has done a lot in the promotion of the wellbeing of the society in different spheres of life such as education, health, among others.
- Drug Free Club: It designed to discourage children and young people from using of getting involved with drugs. It puts up posters talking about the dangers of drugs.
- National Sport Commission
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA)
- Federal Ministry of Women Affairs
Values necessary for wellbeing
- Hard work
- Respect and concern for others
- Healthy living
Join ClassNotes.ng Telegram Community HERE for exclusive content and support